Just this morning here in Seattle, NWIRP and a coalition of partners filed a national class action lawsuit against the federal government challenging its failure to provide legal representation to thousands of children facing deportation proceedings in immigration court.
Let me tell you why.
Three of our clients – a 10-year-old boy, his 13-year old brother, and 15-year old sister in El Salvador – watched their father be murdered in front of their eyes. The father had been targeted because he and the mother ran Read more
By LAURA WIDES-MUNOZ and PAUL WISEMANJuly 6, 2014 10:57 AM
- American Immigration Council report, “No Childhood Here: Why Central American Children are Fleeing their Homes,” https://docs.google.com/a/alliancesd.org/document/d/1YnLixUNgTTEj8C17y4H8acVyC0C5_nNP29zS9suAXnc/edit
- Donate to San Diego Immigrant Rights Consortium (SDIRC): http://www.immigrantsandiego.org
- Learn more about what is happening in California here: http://immigrantsandiego.org/2014/07/03/sdirc-assist-central-american-refugees/
- Donate to Border Action Network: http://www.borderaction.org
- Donate to Catholic Charities: http://www.ccs-soaz.org/Donations-to-Assist-Migrant-Women-and-Children.html
- Learn more about what is happening in Arizona here: http://borderaction.org/border-action-networks-tour-of-the-nogales-national-placement-center/ Read more